Thursday, August 20, 2015

creativity battle ... Number-14 ... it's a common one

Looking around, the question that first comes to mind is where to start.  Visual confusion is a big deal with me.  In my space, home, I need a certain amount of visual peace...not too cluttered, things put away, etc.  It's an attempt to make some sense of my environment even if it's not perfect.  It's a place for me to start when  I don't know where to start, which is more often than I care to admit.  I go make my bed, unload the dishes in the dishwasher, clear the kitchen counters, take laundry downstairs....something.  I just start with the ordinary daily stuff.  It may sound dumb, but I gotta start somewhere.

Next is the obvious question of "what's next?".  I hate it because it reminds me of how much there is in me related to projects that I want to do, that I don't know where to schedule certain things, that I need manpower to complete other tasks, that each day is unique and I'm trying to figure out what's on the docket for this day.  I pause and go get something to drink.

After having raked the yard for a bit, gotten distracted with other things, mail, etc... I'm back.  Where did I leave off?  Oh yes, the "what's next?" step.  Kinda like a creative loop of avoidance?  Feels like it sometimes.  And this is where I want to say something about wiring.  AM I just wired to shut down, am I avoiding creating on purpose?  What's up with this step? And why do I get stuck here so much?  Something is missing in my wiring!!  I need a connector valve or something to connect the wanna do something with the actual doing something!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment