Sunday, March 11, 2018

Sapphires and Rubies Quilt

Sapphires and Rubies

This is my Sapphires and Rubies quilt which measures approximately 60" x 60" without binding.  I used the pickle dish quilt pattern from Kaffe Fassett's Quilt Romance book, pp.68-72,122-123 and color contrast inspiration from Material Obsession 2 book by Kathy Doughty and Sarah Fielke pp.139.  On the back I experimented with exaggerated block sizes and an enlarged applique pattern from Elegant Garden Block 21 pocket-sized patterns from Laundry Basket Quilts.  Using the same size as four of the pickle dish blocks combined to determine the size of my nine patch blocks on the back, basically 20 1/2"blocks.  I had so much fun with that over-sized applique!!!  Definitely wanna do more of that.  It's my firm belief that the back of quilts are often forgotten; a lot of opportunity for a little love in the design department, if you ask me. :-)

Status:  In line to be quilted, needs binding. 



No comments:

Post a Comment