Sunday, March 11, 2018

Uppercase submittal!!!






UPPERCASE SUBMITTAL ...I DID IT!!





I am pleased to announced that I have officially submitted an entry to Uppercase for the Q volume of their incredible craft encyclopedias.  The call was for personal and professional submissions, which touched me because, yes, I am an at-home quilter and artist.  I quilt because I love love love fabrics and because creating gives me a sense of purpose and calm.  It's taken a lot for me to settle down and do my work, that being to create, without any plans of becoming someone in the quilting world, without anyone reading this blog, without any other reason than taking care of myself and being me.  Like a wise person once told me, "first you have to be a friend to yourself before friends will come".  And that's what it's taken; me focusing on doing my craft not because there's a paycheck or somebody needs this (good reasons mind you) but to find out who I really am when you strip away all the "taking care of everybody else" stuff.  I'm happy to report I am emerging slowly but surely, coming up for air, buoying up to the top of the water's surface, taking a risk (recent submittal to Uppercase).

Here's where you can see my submission in a public online gallery at: 
uppercase submittal for Cate Smart public gallery .

No comments:

Post a Comment