Sunday, March 11, 2018

Modern Teapots

My Modern Teapots quilt started from asking a quilt store owner what she was working on.  She was applying fusible applique teapots using an adorable pattern called Teapot Legacy by Love Quilt Patterns.  I purchased the pattern and then waited for some time to start it, admiring it but always having other things to do.  Then one day this past fall I decided to do it ... got tired of it sitting there drawing me to make it.  Flipping through Kaffe Fassett's Museum Quilts book, the Wedding Snowball Quilt on pages 32-33 and 84-85 captured my attention.  I loved how he used the wall and floor tile to display his quilt. I took that as inspiration to put my own spin on the teapot pattern mentioned above and voila here it is. Ta da!!
Modern Teapots
Each teapot is hand appliqued, which I immensely enjoyed doing.  I love the bright colorful teapots. The border is composed of 228 small 2" finished sized blocks surrounding 16 blocks each 8" finished size.  The quilt measures approximately 44" x 44" without the binding.  I think it would be fun to maybe later come back and applique or embroidery further embellishment on some or all of the teapots.  Right now I think they are pretty just as they are. This quilt definitely makes me smile. 
 

  


No comments:

Post a Comment